Welcome to our class website! This site will be a valuable resource for parents throughout the year! You can find general information about WECC, as well as information specific to our classroom. Some information is updated with each unit, so be sure to bookmark the site and check back often!
All families are highly encouraged to attend one of our Parent Orientation meetings. The meeting will discuss topics such as First Step general information, school specific information, and parent expectations for the school year. You will also have the opportunity to ask any questions that you may have. Children are not required to attend, as this is an information session for parents and guardians. Please note that classroom assignments and transportation will not be given out at this time. You will receive that information in the mail before Open House. Please plan to attend one of the following meetings:
Wednesday, August 15 @ 11:00AM
Wednesday, August 15 @ 5:00 PM
Tuesday, August 21 @ 5:00 PM
Are you and your child ready for First Step? This list will help you find out!
- Gotten a backpack for your child (without wheels and big enough to zip closed with a folder inside)?
- Gotten a lunchbox and made sure that your child knows how to open any items he/she may bring for breakfast or lunch (if applicable)?
- Labeled your child’s backpack, lunch box, jacket, etc with his/her name?
- Packed a full set of extra clothes to keep at school (including pants/shorts, shirt, underwear, socks, and extra sneakers if you have them)?
- Had your child stop taking daily naps? We do not take naps at WECC, and this transition is easier if children are not still used to napping every day at home.
- Had your child practice asking to use the bathroom and made sure that he/she is comfortable using it independently? Boys should also be shown how to use the urinals. We know this is a big transition!
- Worked with your child on proper hand-washing procedures?
- Helped your child practice saying his/her teachers’ names?
- Helped your child get excited about coming to school?
If you’ve done all of these things, your child should be ready for a great school year as a Watkins Star!