School Phone Number – 757-591-4815 (classroom extension is 60102)
Office Hours – 8:45 – 5:00
Student Hours – 9:40 – 3:55 (drop-off begins at 9:30)
- Full Size Backpack – needs to have room for library books and should be able to zip closed with a folder inside; no wheels for safety reasons!
- Lunch Box (if needed)
- Change of clothes to be kept in classroom, including shirt, pants/shorts, socks, and underwear (extra shoes are great if you have them!)
- Box of tissues (to be shared with class)
- Nametags need to be worn to school EVERY day. First and foremost, they help to ensure that your child arrives in the correct classroom and is placed on the correct bus to go home. In addition, they are our primary method of home communication and are used to send home notes and information from school.
- We check nametags daily as the children enter, but do not always look in backpacks. If you do put something in your child’s backpack, please put a note in the nametag so that we know to check.
- Please encourage children to take care of their nametags. If the nametag rips, we will attempt to repair it. The replacement fee for damaged/lost nametags is $1, and if the lanyard needs to be replaced it is an additional $1.
- Please be sure to have your child’s name on everything that comes into the classroom (jacket, change of clothes, lunch box, etc). This will minimize the chance of children’s belongings being mixed up. If your child happens to come home with something that belongs to someone else, please return it to school the next day with a note.
- Any temporary changes to your child’s regular transportation need to be made in writing. This includes days that you will pick your child up at school instead of riding the bus home. The preferred method is sending a note in the nametag, but you can also email Ms. Hayward during the day if needed (email@example.com). Without a note or other written notice to the school, the child will be placed on his/her regular bus home.
- In order to pick your child up at school or get them off the bus, a responsible adult will need to show a yellow card with the child’s name on it. Three (3) yellow cards are given at the beginning of the year. If you need additional cards, please let us know.
- If you move or otherwise need to permanently change your child’s transportation, you will need to come in to the office and fill out the appropriate paperwork.
- Students should be dressed in comfortable clothing that they can manage independently when using the bathroom. Items such as belts, suspenders, and other items can be difficult for children to handle on their own.
- We go outside each day and participate in potentially messy art activities, so please keep this in mind when choosing clothes for school.
- Students need to wear rubber soled shoes (preferably sneakers) in order to play safely outside.
- If your child’s change of clothes is used at any time during the year, please send in replacement clothes as soon as possible.